The Schools Competition theme is ‘Vegetable Planting’ and we have lots of goodies to give away.
Spring is in the air, the plants in the garden are coming back to life, the wildlife is becoming active and hopefully the worst of the weather is behind us. Now is an ideal time to start planting.
For this months competition we are giving away some brilliant planting kits and a selection of vegetables to grow, which will get your school garden off to a great start.
Growing potatoes is something that every child enjoys from delving in the lovely moist compost to plant the seed potatoes to looking for ‘treasure’ at harvest time. Rhubarb is an easy plant to grow and maintain and available in different varieties, we have included two varieties here so that you can compare them. Garlic is another easy plant to grow and all the more interesting as it’s the main ingredient of everybody’s favourite Garlic Bread.
- 5 Polypot Grow Bags
- 10 Seed Potatoes
- A Selection of Garlic Bulbs
- 2 Rhubarb Kits (2 patio planter bags, 1 Rhubarb Crown Timperely Early, 1 Rhubarb Crown Raspberry Red)
- 2 bags of vegetable compost to start you off.
The Family Competition theme is ‘Seed Sowing’ and we have some great prizes up for grabs.
Spring is finally here and there are plenty of jobs to do in the garden, things to plant and seeds to grow. Lots of seeds can be started off on your windowsill and an ideal way to grow them is in a Mini Propagator especially if the weather outside is cold or wet.
- A Children’s Mini Propagator Seed Growing Kit
- A Growbox Children’s Flower Garden in a box
- A Kid’s Traditional Watering Can
- 2 Gardener’s Apprentice Hand Trowels