Children love to make things that they can hang on the christmas tree and what better than things they can eat too!
This recipe will make two to three dozen biscuits, depending on how big they are. You will need some seasonal pastry cutters – stars and christmas trees will look great.
Decorate with white icing for a frosty seasonal feel!
200g self-raising flour
100g soft butter
100g light, soft brown sugar
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp ground ginger
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
- Rub the flour and butter together until they look like breadcrumbs
- Add the sugar and spices, and mix round with a metal spoon
- Add the egg, mix it in to form a dough and gently knead till smooth
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface
- Cut into shapes of your choice with a cutter.
- Place them on a greased baking tray
- Make a hole in the top of each biscuit with a kebab stick or cocktail stick
- Bake for 10–12 minutes till golden
- When cool, ice the biscuits and thread with ribbon to hang on the tree!