I hope that you are all having a lovely day and are being treated to breakfast in bed, some lovely flowers, a plant, maybe some gardening equipment, a day or Sunday lunch out.
Last year I recall was a lovely day and I spent the day in the garden, after breakfast in bed of course, but this year we have a steely grey sky and a bitter cold biting wind with snow on the weather forecast.
If you are not going out why not have make some delicious Chocolate Chip and Cherry Cookies with your children to thank them, here’s the recipe:
Chocolate Chip and Cherry Cookies
- 75g butter/margarine softened
- 75g caster sugar
- 75g soft light brown sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 175g plain flour
- half teaspoon baking powder
- 50g glace cherries
- 100g chocolate drops
- Heat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas mark 6.
- Mix together, in a bowl, the caster and light brown sugar with the butter/margarine until smooth and creamy.
- Beat the egg in a dish or cup, add the vanilla essence and mix again.
- Add the egg mixture a little at a time to the butter mixture mixing well.
- Sift the flour and baking powder through a sieve into the bowl and stir in until the mixture is smooth.
- Cut the cherries into small pieces and add to the mixture with the chocolate drops and stir well.
- Put a heaped teaspoon of the mixture onto baking trays, lined with greaseproof paper, and flatten down with a fork.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Leave them for a few minutes before removing with a spatula and putting on a wire rack to cool.
- Makes approx. 24 cookies.
Whatever your plans have a lovely day,