Who can refuse a slice of delicious, warm, buttery, garlicky bread definitely not me my mouth is watering now. Garlic bread makes a great starter, side dish or anytime snack. It is simple to prepare with few ingredients and a great favourite with children who will love to help you make it. The taste is so much better if you use your own home grown Garlic.
- 3 large cloves of garlic
- 100g softened butter
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley finely chopped
- 1 ciabatta bread or baguette (not too thin)
- Heat oven to 400F/200C/Gas mark 6
- Peel and crush garlic
- Cream butter and garlic together
- Finely chop the flat-leaf parsley and stir into the butter
- Get your bread and make slits about 3cm apart along the top making sure not to cut right through
- Generously spread the garlic butter between the slices
- Place the bread on a piece of foil and wrap loosely
- Place in the middle of the oven and bake for about 10 minutes, if you want a crusty top open the foil and bake for another 5 minutes
The smell and taste is absolutely gorgeous. Enjoy!