Sweetcorn is at its seasonal best at the moment, so why not try these delicious Thai Sweetcorn Fritters. They are easy to make and hugely popular with the whole family.
- 50g plain flour
- 3 sweetcorn cobs
- Pinch of salt
- 1 chilli, finely sliced
- ½ inch fresh ginger, grated
- 2 small eggs
- 100ml milk
- Make the batter by mixing together the flour, salt, chilli, ginger and eggs
- Boil or steam the sweetcorn on the cob for around 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool well then remove the corn from the cob with a knife.
- Mix the sweetcorn with the batter.
- Heat the oil in a wok.
- Put heaped tablespoons of the sweetcorn batter in the wok.
- Cook for a few minutes, turning the fritters until they are brown on both sides
- Serve as a starter or taster addition to a main meal.