Whilst all eyes are on the summer harvesting, it’s a good idea to remember that there are lots of crops, that can be sown in August for harvesting later in autumn, winter and even next spring.
The Winter Salad Selection will give a fresh supply of salad leaves all through the winter months. Included in our mix is:
- Corn Salad – Sow for green salads during the late autumn months
- Oriental Salad – Sow a few at a time for a spicy salad mix including Red Mustard and Mizuna.
- Artic King/Marvel of Four Seasons – Sow a few at a time autumn till spring for hearted winter hardy lettuce.
- Black Spanish Radish – A large round winter hardy radish with very strong flavour.
- Rocket – For peppery leaves all winter.
- American Land Cress – Sow in succession for a good alternative to watercress.
- Flower of Spring Cabbage – Sow by September for winter greens
The Autumn Vegetable Seed Selection includes one pack each of the following five vegetables and have been specially chosen to give delicious fresh vegetables during the autumn, if planted now. Included is
- Feltham First Pea – sow in autumn for an early crop of peas
- Auqudulce Claudia – Sow now for an early crop of Broad Beans
- Artic King Marvel of Four Seasons – Sow a few at a time, autumn till spring for hearted winter hardy lettuce
- Winter Hardy White Lisbon – A hardy Spring Onion, best sown in cooler conditions autumn to spring
- American Land Cress – Sow in succession for a good alternative to watercress
…And if you would like new potatoes on Christmas day take a look at our Christmas Potato Selection . There are five varieties to choose from and if sown now, will provide a delicious Christmas treat!